Re: Installed libbusiness-onlinepayment-bankofamerica-perl 1.00-1 (all source)

:-> "Joey" == Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

    > In other words, a good deal of it is due to verbose boilerplate
    > in package
    > names. I have to wonder if that leading "lib-" buys us anything
    > at all[2], if
    > kernel-2.x.yy wouldn't be as clear as kernel-image-2.x.yy,
    > etc. There's gotta
    > be a better way.

I rely a lot on the "lib-" part of the package to avoid installing
stuff that I'd never use. I simply skip all "lib-" and let
dependencies call them in.

I have no idea how to shorten kernel packages ... there are also the
sources, the headers and who knows what else.... maybe kern-img-x.y.z,
kern-src-..., kern-hdr-.... I guess that would confuse newcomers a
lot, anyway.

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci | ik5pvx | mailto:p.caci@tin.it  -  http://gusp.dyndns.org
  Firenze - Italia  | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.4.7 #1 Thu Jul 26 14:48:56 CEST 2001 i686 unknown