Re: wnpp: ITP: fsdext2 -- Mounts your GNU/Linux ext2fs partitions under Windows 9x.

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 12:23:30AM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> Package: wnpp
> Version: N/A
> Severity: wishlist
>
> FSDEXT2 is a port of the second extended file system (ext2fs) to Windows
> 9x; albeit a read-only version. Using FSDEXT2 you can transparently mount
> your GNU/Linux ext2fs partitions on Windows 9x.
>
> I plan to package it by putting the stuff in /root (or even copying to the
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

be sure to file a serious bug report on the package immediatly for
such a gross violation of the FHS.

> vfat partition from postinst by greping vfat /etc/fstab) in a similar
> way than the loadlin package does.
>
> When the GNU/Win port is working i'll build a native package from the same
> sources.
>
> I want to use the forked version with some improvements in:
>
> URL is http://www.schnabel-online.de/fsdext2.html
>
> It's licensed under the GNU GPL.

regardless it probably has to go into contrib since it depends on
non-free software (windows).

why does such a thing need to be packaged for debian at all?
regardless of the existence of a windows port of Debian this doesn't
belong in debian, it belongs in the windows half of the system, not
the *nix half.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/