Re: grisu and DDTS

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Michael Bramer wrote:

> you must only use a translated Packages file and you can use the
> translated descriptions.
>
> maybe you add one of this lines in your apt source lists:
>  deb http://gluck.debian.org/~grisu/ddtp/aptable de/woody main
>  deb http://gluck.debian.org/~grisu/ddtp/aptable de/sid main
>  deb http://gluck.debian.org/~grisu/ddtp/aptable woody main

dpkg and apt will only show one description of a package.  Not everyone on a
machine reads the same language.

It's nice that you are doing the storing of these translations, but if the
admin of a system limits the descriptions that dpkg has stored, I would be
none too happy with the admin.

> not anything. But this mails is about your package. It is a
> improvement. If you can't use it now, this is your problem. Like
> other wishlist bugs...

"If I can't use it now, it is my problem."  How can I use it?  You are saying
I have a choice in whether I use a translated description.  However, there is
no choice, as dpkg and apt do not support it.