Re: grisu and DDTS

On 10/03/2001 07:20:23 PM "Scott M. Dier" wrote:

>> On Wed, 2001-10-03 at 19:05, Brian Russo wrote:
>> > That a fellow developer would not concern himself with the impact of
>> > his actions in a project related to debian on fellow developers..
>> > is distressing.
>>
>> At this point, I'm edging towards some sort of policy based response.
>> Is there something that can be done via the
>>
>> "Don't use Debian facilities in a manner which constitutes net abuse.
>> Debian does not have any Usenet news servers. It may be that some of the
>> Debian machines have access to such a news server, but their use through
>> Debian machines is strictly forbidden."
>>
>> Some of us (*cough* doogie *cough*) are obviously viewing this as 'net
>> abuse' (*cough* overfiend *cough*) and because of that the thing
>> *should* be changed to opt in, or perhaps a gaggle of developers will
>> investigate the policy route.

I18N of a description by someone else, in my opinion, is no different than
a NMU change.  If you think there is a difference, what is it?

The response will merely be to quote the NMU policy that developers should
be informed when their package changes.

As a side note, which I should be placing in an email separate from my
response directly to your comments, I'm impressed at the ignorance of some
posters in this battle.  As a hint, the definition of spam is not "any
email that I personally don't like".  By that definition, I suppose every
bug report and this email itself is spam, which is silly.  Also, I have not
heard complaints about the equally automated BTS emails.

The whole issue is all a false front for people whom hate I18N, and will
not let the truth stand in the way of their hatred.