The Design Of The UNIX Operating System, Bach

Hello,
I'm a student, so bear with me if this is an obvious
question.  I didn't see anything that resolved it in the faq
and some web searching, so I'm asking.  This text has been
referred to me by many UNIX developers that I have worked
with as one of the definitive resources in their education,
especially essential if you are going to write drivers.  Is
it as valuable in the Linux environment?  I suppose it
basically boils down to how different, really, is UNIX from
Linux?

I know that you guys are experts with years of experience to
share, so try to be gentle. ;-)

Thanks

-russ