Re: lintian-warning copyright-lists-upstream-authors-like-dh_make

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 07:31:40AM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
>     >> > W: prips: copyright-lists-upstream-authors-like-dh_make > N:
>     >> > N: There is "Upstream Author(s)" in your copyright file. This
>     >> is not a > N: fixed field name, it's just a default dh_make
>     >> value. You should adjust > N: it.  > N:
>     >>
>     >> ... this "long description" is spectacularly uninformative!
>
>     Josip> Er, what else is there to say but that what I said above?
>     Josip> It says that you should adjust the string "Upstream
>     Josip> Author(s)" in your copyright file, isn't it obvious? And
>     Josip> isn't it obvious that it is left to you to change it the
>     Josip> way you like it[1], since there is no specific format
>     Josip> mentioned?
>
> No, it was not at all obvious to me either.  I thought about it for a
> minute and concluded you probably meant that I should replace with
> author if there was one author and replace with authors if there were
> multiple.  Was I right in my interpretation?

I thought the same. We're both wrong. Apparently, it means that
you have the literal "Upstream Author(s)" in your copyright
file, which is in the example created by dh_make, and that
you should edit it to indicate whether you really have
one or more authors.

Hamish