Bug#114161: ITP: kftgt -- forward Kerberos 4 tickets over telnet
[For sulug-discuss: this is the official "Intent to Package"
message necessary before actually adding a new package to
The kftgt program and kftgtd daemon are used at Stanford to
forward Kerberos tickets to network servers. It is presumably
useful elsewhere as well. This package will contain these two
programs as well as the klogin script that simplifies their use
with Kerberized telnet.
There is little useful information on kftgt on the Web, and
source code does not seem to be available anywhere public. This
will, I hope, change soon. Nevertheless, it is useful and
covered by the following license:
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms are permitted
* provided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph are
* duplicated in all such forms and that any documentation,
* advertising materials, and other materials related to such
* distribution and use acknowledge that the software was developed
* by Stanford University. The name of the University may not be used
* to endorse or promote products derived from this software without
* specific prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED
* WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
I am being supported in this effort by Stanford system
administrators, so my packaging might be consider at least
"Then, I came to my senses, and slunk away, hoping no one overheard my
--Steve McAndrewSmith in the Monastery