Re: Preview of new Ghostscript packages - please test

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 03:39:27PM +0300, Samuli Suonpaa wrote:
> I really do not know much about gs, but it seems there's something
> wrong with fontpaths here. When trying to configure my PSC500 (using
The list you posted looks plausible and correct.

> hpijs and DJ8xx drivers now included in GhostScript, thank you for
> that), I only get complaint: "Error: /invalid font in findfont" and
> something like that.
Please post the error message and don't tell me you got "something along
that line". It's not hard to get that error message by trying to use
uninstalled fonts etc.

> Doesn't this mean gs only looks for fonts in /usr/local and
> /usr/share/gs/6.51? gsfonts places fonts in
> /usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts.

It looks into /var/lib/defoma/gs.d as well where gs-common puts the font
files.

> Also I would very much like to see 'man gs' working, instead of 'man
> gs-gnu'...

Thanks, I missed that. Should of course be a slave link to the
manpage of the current alternative.

cu
	Torsten