Re: Package descriptions and making them better

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 01:41:05PM +1000, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> What's wrong with using the recently discussed Debian Translation Server for
> this. Add the language English and people can then submit corrected
> descriptions for each package.

It doesn't get the fixes back into the package; besides the correctness
factor, and the fact it adds a hoop to jump through for decent English
descriptions, it also means translators for other languages often have
to translate from a bad description instead of a good one.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I saw a daemon stare into my face, and an angel touch my breast; each