Apache

Scott Henson writes:
 > I was looking around at the pakages that are avaliable in .deb format.  I
 > saw that even in the unstable distribution you are still useing the 1.3
 > version of apache.  I was just wondering why that is and why 2.0 isnt at
 > least avaliable.

Because Apache 2 is not ready. There's no sense of packaging it yet,
at least not in the official, stable distribution. There are official
packages by some members of Apache task force.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -w --  Ari Makela <hauva@arska.org> http://arska.org/hauva/ #

# Finger hauva@laphroaig.arska.org for GPG public key.
# "Sailing is, after all, a kind of grace, a kind of magic." - Phil Berman