Re: Deblint: a debian mirror checker

On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 09:12:22AM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 03:36:26AM +0800, Grahame Bowland wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Deblint is a collection of python code to
> > check Debian mirrors for problems, such as
> > broken dependencies and missing files.
>
> Sounds great!
>
> If you're planning on packaging it, and the package contains
> /usr/bin/deblint, you may want to Conflicts: devscripts (<< 1.6) since
> that package used to contain a deblint program.  Alternatively, you
> could call your program something like mirrorlint instead.

Cool, I'll change the name soon :-) I'm planning to improve
the HTML output soon to hopefully have all the features of
packages.debian.org. I definitely want to get rid of the
giant pages with every package listed, considering that
Woody has 7.5k packages in it!

For everyone's interest the problems it found with woody
can be seen at:
http://typhaon.ucs.uwa.edu.au/~grahame/deblint/Woody/i386/index-byerrors.html

and the problems with Potato are at:
http://typhaon.ucs.uwa.edu.au/~grahame/deblint/Potato/i386/index-byerrors.html

The potato ones aren't major; they just seem to be some pcmcia
modules packages that depend on old kernel-image packages no
longer in the archive.

I'll package it up in the next few days as soon as I think of a
new name; any suggestions?

Have fun!
Grahame

--