Re:

I dunno.  Personally, I think the whoel Passport idea is retarded.  One
central database could be cracked nad your access to everything can be
stolen.  Second, just ony login/password makes it way to easy to
comprise accounts of stupid lusers with weak passwords.  I don't know
about other people, or about lusers that can't handle more than one
password/login, but I would never use, nor ever let any employees at my
normal job or my company, use such a weak system.  I would never use
such a system for personal information.  I would never use such a system
for my home workstations.

Also, you mentioned specifically the method od storing
usernames/passwords for websites in your home directory.  While this is
still very foolish (your machine gets hacked, your passwords to
everything are stolen), but if you want this, all modern web browsers
(ie, mozilla, galeon, i thnk opera nad konqueror) already do this.