Re: (not-debian-)programs not finding libraries on Debian system...

On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 10:45:15 +0200, Hugo van der Merwe wrote:
> I have compiled a program here that is looking for X libraries in
> /usr/lib...

On a Red Hat system by any chance?

> I don't want to make symlinks for all of these, that's just plain ugly.
> What else can I do, put them in ld.so.preload or something?

It sounds like you compiled it with a -rpath option. Check if "objdump
--all-headers spice3" has an "RPATH" setting in it. If it does, try to
compile without it. If that's not feasible, edit the binary and make the
first byte of the RPATH data into an ASCII NUL.

HTH,
Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,