Re: vim 6.0 packages

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 06:34:52PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> vim 6.0 was released yesterday and I just finished the packages for it.
> Please note however that if you have been using the prerelease packages
> I made this will be a downgrade (unfortunately I made a stupid mistake
> in versioning), so you will have to install it manually.
>
> You can grab it from http://people.debian.org/~wakkerma/vim/, or wait
> until it gets installed in the archive (should be later today).
>
> I know that menu and mime support is currently missing, please don't
> bother filing bugreports for that. I'll fix that in the next upload.

I just installed this package (vim_6.0-1_i386.deb) and get the following
errors from ':help':

"help.txt.gz" [readonly][noeol] 8L, 3051C
Error detected while processing BufRead Auto commands for "*.gz":
E21: Cannot make changes, 'modifiable' is off
E434: Can't find tag pattern

The upgrade (from 5.8) removed vim-rt and I kept the old config files.

--
When under the pretext of fraternity, the legal code imposes
mutual sacrifices on the citizens, human nature is not thereby