Re: Tool to generate an override file from packages?

Marc Haber <debian-devel.lists.debian.org@marc-haber.de> writes:

> >Any new tool that hypothetically gets written or packages isn't going
> >to get put in potato either.
>
> Having spent four hours last night to try getting a debhelper 3
> (unsuccessfully) backported to potato makes me wince at _any_
> backporting effort.

'any'? What on earth are you talking about?  I've back ported any
number of unstable things for potato and not once been affected by
debhelper 3.  More to the point, apt definitely does not need
debhelper 3, so, please give it up already.

--
James