Chroots (was: bind9-chroot)

I'd like to do the following:

$ chroot-get install --root=/var/root/mail exim cyrus-imapd

Why?  My exim uses cyrdeliver to get mail to cyrus.  I believe this
means they both need to be in the same chroot.

What do I want to accomplish?  Hacking my mail/imap servers shouldn't
compromise the whole machine.

What would chroot-get do?  I'm not sure.  It could go something like:

$ chroot-config --root=/var/root/mail
 # 1. Set up a base system in /var/root/mail.

$ chroot-get install --root=/var/root/mail exim
 # 1. Install package exim in /var/root/mail.

 # 2. If exim has any /etc/rc.*/ links, create ones in /etc/rc.*/
 #    which point to something to chroot and run the ones in
 #    /var/root/mail/etc/rc.*/.

What do you think?  It doesn't seem that it would be too hard to
implement, but I bet it's not as useful as it seems (to me).

--
Itai Zukerman  <http://www.math-hat.com/~zukerman/>