Re: madison

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 04:44:46PM +0200, Admar Schoonen wrote:
> I think it can be useful for those who want to create their own flavour of
> Debian or want to (partially) mirror Debian. dpkg-scanpackages/apt-ftparchive
> doesn't work very well for packages which are located in the pool, and the only
> way to generate correct packagelists is to put all information from all packages
> in a database and query that database when packagelists are generated; thus
> people who want to partially mirror or create their own Debian-flavour should
> create their own Debian database from information gathered from packagelists
> which are downloaded by apt.

Those people are going to want all of dak (katie) anyway, which
contains madison. It's not packaged either, but is available from
anonymous cvs at cvs.debian.org.

However, the value of a package that would be used by about half a
dozen people in total is probably not all that high.

 : :' :                         | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-    http://www.debian.org/ | London, UK