Re: why is gtk+extra out of date?

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 02:21:15AM -0700, Bradley Bell wrote:
> Colin Watson Wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 03:39:15PM -0700, Bradley Bell wrote:
> > > I'm the maintainer of gtk+extra (libgtkextra16, libgtkextra-dev)
> > > which is quite out of date in testing, and I have no idea why.  It
> > > has no RC bugs and the dependencies are satisfied.  Maybe I'm
> > > missing something that someone can clue me into?
> >
> > update_output.txt says:
> >
> >   gtk+extra: alpha: gpsim gpsim-dev gpsim-lcd gpsim-led gpsim-logic quicklist
> >
> > Perhaps all these packages need to be upgraded in testing
> > simultaneously? That needs manual action by the people running testing.
>
> Hmm, what exactly does that output mean?  There are no circular dependencies
> as far as I can tell, and everything that depends on it appears to be built
> against the correct version.  Do I just need to file a bug against
> ftp.debian.org - or gpsim?

gpsim and quicklist depend on libgtkextra16, which isn't in testing yet.
Upgrading gtk+extra in order to move libgtkextra16 into testing will
remove libgtkextra14, which will temporarily break gpsim* and quicklist
until they're upgraded too. The testing scripts don't look two moves
ahead like that, so the gtk+extra upgrade needs to be forced manually.

I've posted to -devel or mailed aj in the past for this sort of thing,
although I suspect filing a bug against ftp.debian.org is probably the
more correct way to go.