Re: Preview of new Ghostscript packages - please test

Torsten Landschoff <torsten@debian.org> wrote:
> Please take a look at these packages and tell me about any problems
> which are not obvious - there is a lot of stuff still lacking and I
> only want to upload the packages to the archive when they are
> feature complete.

I really do not know much about gs, but it seems there's something
wrong with fontpaths here. When trying to configure my PSC500 (using
hpijs and DJ8xx drivers now included in GhostScript, thank you for
that), I only get complaint: "Error: /invalid font in findfont" and
something like that.

$ gs -h
[...]
Search path:
   . : /usr/local/lib/ghostscript/common : /usr/local/lib/ghostscript/6.51 :
   /usr/local/lib/ghostscript/fonts : /usr/local/share/ghostscript/common :
   /usr/local/share/ghostscript/6.51 : /usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts :
   /var/lib/defoma/gs.d/dirs/fonts : /usr/share/gs/6.51
For more information, see /usr/share/doc/gs/Use.htm.
Report bugs to bug-gs@ghostscript.com, using the form in Bug-form.htm.

Doesn't this mean gs only looks for fonts in /usr/local and
/usr/share/gs/6.51? gsfonts places fonts in
/usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts.

Also I would very much like to see 'man gs' working, instead of 'man
gs-gnu'...

(Yes, I did compile gs_6.51-1 myself, I do not however see how that
could have affected anything here.)

Suonpää...