Re: A language by any other name

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 11:57:06AM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On 19 Sep 2001, Gilbert Laycock wrote:
>
> > I believe that en_UK would be for Ukrainian english. The mind boggles.

There's an en_DA, and someone was arguing for basically a en_SK recently.
It wouldn't be unprecedented.

> en_UK is English as spoken in the United Kingdom.  The ISO country code for
> the Ukraine is UA.

en_UK is not English as spoken in the United Kingdom. The ISO country code
for the United Kingdom is GB. UK is not yet assigned, according to
/usr/share/misc/countries.gz.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and