Bug#112641: ITP: hpoj -- HP OfficeJet Linux driver (hpoj)
Version: N/A; reported 2001-09-18
* Package name : hpoj
Version : 0.8
Upstream Author : David Paschal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : http://hpoj.sourceforge.net
* License : GPL V2
Description : HP OfficeJet Linux driver (hpoj)
This software provides Linux support for most "multi-function"
(or "all-in-one") peripherals from Hewlett-Packard, including OfficeJet,
LaserJet, and Printer/Scanner/Copier ("PSC") products. It consists of:
- Low-level drivers and libraries to communicate with the device. Depending on
your hardware and operating system configuration, you may connect devices
directly to your workstation with a parallel port or USB (Universal Serial
Bus), or to a LAN (Local Area Network) using certain models of HP JetDirect
- An application programming interface (API) known as "PTAL" (Peripheral
Transport Abstraction Libary) that hides the differences in accessing
devices connected via parallel, USB, or JetDirect.
- Printing support, largely powered by ghostscript, the HP inkjet driver
(for selected models), and one of various print spoolers (Berkley lpd,
gnulpr, LPRng, CUPS, PDQ, etc.) that may already be installed on your
- Scanning support, powered either by Scanner Access Now Easy (SANE) or
by "ptal-hp scan", a command-line application provided with the hpoj package.
- Graphical and command-line applications to access various features of the
peripheral, such as displaying status of the device and setting the clock.
-- System Information
Debian Release: testing/unstable
Kernel: Linux solo.purcell.homeip.net 2.4.9-686 #1 Sun Aug 19 10:46:52 EST 2001 i686
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C