Re: [RFC] Developer documentation packages.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 04:48:12PM +0200, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:

> It could be nice if all you send me a collection of ebooks you think
> is a must for a developer. Only HTML/PDF/PS/TXT formats.
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Why is that? I find PDF/PS formats to be totally useless to me very often.
Reason? If it's packaged by an American developer, it will be in letter
papersize 99% of the time. (are there other parts of the world that use
letter?)
Not only is this totally useless if I want to print a few pages out of this,
but also I feel "disoriented" (I can't think of a better way to describe it)
when viewing a document on screen in this different aspect ratio.

IMHO it would be better to provide HTML and text formats, together with the
source format from where on the preferred document format can be generated.

Regards,

Filip

--
It's as BAD as you think, and they ARE out to get you.