Generating pool-based package.gz files

Hey all,
	Can anyone point me to any docummentation on how the package files
for woody and other pool-based distros are generated?

For a few months we have been using a dpkg-scanpackages style system to
put our local package repository into mySQL, which is then used for a
bunch of things such as generating the packages file on the fly.

However we now need to move over to testing, and the old system won't work
with pools :)

Can anyone point me to the utilities and maybe some documentation on what
I need to do to clone the testing packages/packages.gz generation?

 - Ender

--
James 'Ender' Brown |	 # su you -c 'chown -R us ~/base*'
 Network Operations |  "`If there's anything more important than my ego