Re: mirror-operators please help

also sprach Brandon L. Griffith (on Thu, 13 Sep 2007 06:03:10PM -0400):
> It was just recently posted here: Oohara Yuuma wrote a short, but
> decent HOWTO on doing this. You can find it at
> http://www.interq.or.jp/libra/oohara/apt-gettable/apt-gettable/index.html

i know this much and made it work before. however, i have the entire
debian tree mirrored and thus need to use apt-ftparchive. but its
syntax is overwhelming.

given the entire
dists/{stable,testing,unstable}/{main,contrib,non-free}/binary-i386
tree for debian and debian-non-US, how do you call apt-ftparchive? the
example given in online help:

   apt-ftparchive packages dists/potato/main/binary-i386/ > \
                  dists/potato/main/binary-i386/Packages

seems to ignore override files, and it doesn't really care about pool/
at all, where all the packages are kept...

please help.

"if I can't dance, i don't want to be part of your revolution."
                                                        - emma goldman