Why isn't apt 0.5.4 moving to testing?

I'm seeing lots of problems with apt 0.5.3 in my testing release
installation which have apparently been fixed in 0.5.4.  So, I wanted to
see why it wasn't in testing yet.

The excuses say:

  apt 0.5.4 (currently 0.5.3) (important) (low)
            Maintainer: APT Development Team <deity@lists.debian.org>
            apt uploaded 22 days ago, out of date by 12 days!
            valid candidate (will be installed unless it's dependent
               upon other buggy pkgs)

So, I took a look at the 0.5.4 Depends line, which says:

  Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.3-7), libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2

Packages which satisfy both of those dependencies _are_ currently in
testing, so... why isn't APT?

Is there something else I'm missing, or is this bug somewhere?

Thanks!

 Paul D. Smith <pausmith@nortelnetworks.com> HASMAT: HA Software Mthds & Tools