Re: A language by any other name

Nick Phillips <nwp@lemon-computing.com> writes:

> 2 aliases, "english" for the English, "american" for the Americans.

I don't speak 'american', though, I speak 'english', and will look for
that, as will the rest of my compatriots, when asked to select the
language I speak.  Nice try for a compromise, but it won't work.
"British English" and "American English" is ok, though, and is
probably the only fair way to do this (or use English(American) and
English(British) so they sort next to one another?).

Before we go off on too much of a flame war here, *please* note that
Marcelo says that Ben wants a consensus.  Does anyone believe that a
*consensus* is possible?

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/