Re: how to install KDE or Gnome on Sid

"Francesco P. Lovergine" wrote:

> Did you try
>
> apt-get install gdm ?

gdm is just the display manager. It's not the head of a task as
kde is.

> It install all libraries and binaries. Moreover, it not so clear what
> a GNOME wm should be... Ximinian? Gnome 1.4BETA?
> What's the current status of that strange object?

On request I have installed RedHat on several machines in the last
3 weeks. The Gnome stuff looks really great, and the inital
installation was very easy. Of course RedHat cannot provide the
much advanced package installation tools of Debian. But the
users don't care; they want to have that nice desktop.

Regards

Harri