Re: how to install KDE or Gnome on Sid

"Francesco P. Lovergine" wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 10:06:13AM +0200, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > What is the recommended way to install Gnome or KDE? The task-XXX
> > packages are gone for some time now, without appropriate replacement,
> > as it seems.
> >

> apt-get install kde

Ahh. There are thousands of packages with the string 'kde' inside, so
I must have missed this one. But there is no 'gnome' meta package
(or I am still blind).

It would be nice to get an option for dselect to list the meta packages
only. The old task-XXX packages were easier to look for.

Many thanx for your help

Harri