Re: A script to see how much a package is depended upon.

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Oohara Yuuma wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Sep 2001 00:11:28 +0900,
> Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> wrote:
> > I was writing a script to see how much a package is depended upon,
> > i. e. cumulatively culculating Reverse-Build-Deps, and
> > Reverse-dependencies. However, I thought it might be useful to see
> > what kind of packages have a "weight", i.e. needs fixing first for
> > packages to enter "testing".
> >
> > As I anticipated, it has a lot of "loops", and it is going in ridiculous
> > values. These things should have had trouble when porting to new arches,
> > but anyway, I have put the script up on
> > http://mikilab.doshisha.ac.jp/~dancer/analyse-sourcepackages
> I rewrote it from scratch in Perl.

<snip>

This is good. Could you put a full version online somewhere, possibly
updating that version once in a while?

Maybe a link to that page from w.d.o/devel would be a good thing, too.

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas dot be

"Human knowledge belongs to the world"
  -- from the movie "Antitrust"