RE: Student Looking for A Final Year Project

>         I'm a student [...] and I am looking to find a project that
> involves linux development ideally kernel / module based or a port
> of software to a specific platform.

if you're interested in newtork-oriented things, I'm developing here
a test suite to torture-test IP routers. it has successfully crashed
almost every 2.4 kernel I could try with it, and my TODO list includes
the following :

- extending the torture-test so it can be fully remote-controlled
- extending the torture-test to allow it to test ethernet and/or ATM
  switches, not only IP routers
- extending the torture-test to check RSVP implementations
- fix bugs in linux kernel which cause it to crash under overextreme
  network load (maybe related to routing cache, not sure)

I started this as a student project, and I only needed to bench MPLS
implementations, but it could easily be extended to bench/test other
things.

feel free to contact me for more informations.

Jerome Petazzoni <skaya@enix.org>