Re: http://standard.debian.net/ now available

Hello,

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 01:58:37PM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > http://standard.debian.net/ is now available showing all bugs in
> > standard.  8 RC bugs are currently open.

> "Standard" for the purpose of the freeze also includes all packages
> included in tasks. Roughly http://ftp-master.debian.org/~ajt/stddscs.txt.

Just curious, why does 'samba' appear on this list?  The package is priority:
optional in both potato and sid (not yet present in testing), and if it's part
of a task I would think the dependencies (samba-common, libcupsys2) would also
be pulled in.  It does show up in the list when I run tasksel, but I have no
idea where tasksel is getting this information.  Is this an old-style task
package at work?

>   samba 102226 open grave potato
>   samba 94380 open grave potato
>   samba 95015 open grave potato