Re: sysctl should disable ECN by default

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 09:47:05AM +0200, Dominik Kubla wrote:

> But the whole discussion here is folly. The whole thing has been discussed
> on linux-kernel by people far more knowlegable in this things than the
> average debian developer.  I think we should follow the conclusions
> from that discussions: enable ECN by default and every non-compliant
> device be dammned.

Assuming that defconfig reflects lkml discussions, it looks like
the answer depends on the architecture. =)  But it appears that
Linus thinks it should be disabled by default.

  uhv:~/linux/linux-2.4.9-rthal5$ grep INET_ECN arch/*/defconfig
  arch/alpha/defconfig:CONFIG_INET_ECN=y
  arch/arm/defconfig:# CONFIG_INET_ECN is not set
  arch/cris/defconfig:# CONFIG_INET_ECN is not set
  arch/i386/defconfig:# CONFIG_INET_ECN is not set
  arch/mips/defconfig:# CONFIG_INET_ECN is not set
  arch/mips64/defconfig:# CONFIG_INET_ECN is not set
  arch/parisc/defconfig:# CONFIG_INET_ECN is not set
  arch/ppc/defconfig:# CONFIG_INET_ECN is not set
  arch/s390/defconfig:# CONFIG_INET_ECN is not set
  arch/s390x/defconfig:# CONFIG_INET_ECN is not set
  arch/sparc/defconfig:# CONFIG_INET_ECN is not set
  arch/sparc64/defconfig:CONFIG_INET_ECN=y
  uhv:~/linux/linux-2.4.9-rthal5$

dave...