Re: reopening ECN bugreport/netbase

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Tomas Pospisek wrote:

> So *please* can we add something like:
>
> 	if ! grep /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn /etc/sysctl.conf >/dev/null;
> 		then echo sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn=0 >> /etc/sysctl.conf
> 	fi
>
> to the kernel-image-2.4.x postinst.

Which of course will set up people who are stil runing potato, have a 2.4
kernel and *do* want/need ECN, since it will *silently* disable ECN.

So since netbase does not want to be the proper place, a better
fix/workaround (I'm sincerely trying hard not to be ironic!) would be to
use debconf with a default value of "0" and to inform/ask the user about
it when installing a new kernel.

*t

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch