Re: new port: the never ending story

hi

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 12:42:02PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> A Mennucc1 <debian@Tonelli.sns.it> immo vero scripsit

 hey, I like this                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 Do you study latin?

> > arch=    w32
> > arch64=  w64
> > pro: it has been proposed by many parts (and actually it was my
> >   second-nearly-first choice); no trademark problems
> > con: I think it is not so appealing to the layuser; and
> >   I dont like the arch64 <-> arch relationship
>
> Hmm... layuser ?
> It's just an arch. Use this.
> It has been an "agreed-upon" string for emacs, AFAICR

yes I was told

> The only problem this has, AFAIK, is that
> it reserves this word for cygwin, while some others may
> port Debian to mingw, for example.
> But I shouldn't worry about that.

yes, who cares?

ok, I think I will switch again to w32

I say again because that was my choice for 3 days, and then I thought
that I didnt like w32 <-> w64 ; but again , who cares?

anyway, Real Life (tm) is hitting me hard; summer is over; if I find
some web space I will put the work I did there, otherwise, the world will wait

a.

--
A Mennucc
 "? un mondo difficile. Che vita intensa!" (Renato Carotone)