Re: isync vs mailsync

Brian May wrote:
> In my search for a "perfect" offline IMAP client(TM) I have looked at
> isync vs mailsync.

Me too, I have settled on isync for now although it's less than perfect.

>  - supports reliably synchronisation of message flags, such as read,
>  and previously read, important.

This is the killer feature for me. I don't really see how a mail sync
program can be useful without it.

>  - supports only maildirs. IMHO, the use of maildirs in this
>  application isn't really needed, and results in less efficient use of
>  diskspace.

Agreed. It was a pita to have to switch to maildirs to use this program.

>  - encodes message UID into the message filename, apparently this is
>  against maildir specifications.

Doesn't seem to break anything though.

>  - delete message on client => gets transfered again on next download.

Not if you can set up your mail client properly. If using mutt, set
maildir_trash.

>  - create message on client => gets ignored by isync.

It's supposed to have support for uploading local messages now, but I
have never seen it work yet.

--
see shy jo