Re: isync vs mailsync

On 4 Sep 2001, Brian May wrote:

[...]
> MAILSYNC

Has been in use here for 9 months without a flaw...

> PROS:
[...]
>  - can delete deleted messages (not tested).

...this feature works here.

>  - can create and delete folders (not tested).

Dito.

[...]
> CONS:
>
>  - upstream author seems to be really anti-maildir, although maildir
>  patches have been included in Debian version.

Just to clarify: you're talking about Mark Crispin the author of the
UW-suite, which includes c-client, a mail-access library.

The upstream author of mailsync is Tim Culver, who's not oposed to any
such things :-)

On a sidenote:

  I have been submerged (which nearly periodically happens in fact) by
  professional work the last two weeks so sorry you haven't got any reply
  from me yet to your reports (thanks!).

  The same is true for the upstream author. He's been looking for people
  who'd maintain (integrate patches, extend it etc.) mailsync. So if you,
  or anybody who's interested, wants to work on mailsync, add features,
  remove bugs or help maintaining the Debian packge - you are more then
  wellcome.

*t

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch