Re: How many people need locales?

    >> To explain, my parents' anniversary is 8/1/63.  Shall I
    >> congratulate them in August, or in January?
    >>

    Radovan> and is it 1863, 1963 or 2063? (just joking :-)) Yes, date
    Radovan> format is important but whoever designes his software to
    Radovan> display 8/1/63 should be shot, locale or no locale.

GNUmeric doesn't display the date in this format (it is up to the user
to pick what format is used), BUT it does require entering dates in
MM/DD/YYYY format.

- unless of course you have changed the locale...

Very confusing too. Took me ages to work out why dates like 28/5/2001
were getting interpreted as text strings, and not as dates.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>