Re: Which versions of libraries are developers supposed to compile against?

    Jules> This seems a step back from the old freeze procedure, where
    Jules> you could upload to frozen (and, I assume, auto-builders
    Jules> were building against frozen)

Well, once your library and all dependencies are frozen you can act as
before, uploading to frozen.  I assume that autobuilders will build
uploads for frozen parts of frozen, or at least we'll have lots of
problems if they do not.

But yes, our release manager has decided to trade off staggering the
freeze/giving optional/ extra more time against the flexibility of
library maintainers.  It is his job to make these calls and really I
think our users come out ahead on the new freeze policy.