Re: Making better use of multiple maintainers

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

> I think it's a great idea. I also note that quite a few base packages
> already have multiple or backup maintainers -- dpkg, boot-floppies, and
> tasksel come to mind. I've also been unofficial backup maintainer for
> some other packages in the past and I doubt I'm alone. Formalizing this
> and using the Uploaders field and everything seems like a natural
> progression.

I second that. In my company is another Debian developer who has
(hopefully) sufficient knowledge about the packages and has
access to the diffs/packaging files in our CVS and the build
script, so it would be a good idea to join as backup maintainer.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices