Re: How many people need locales?

On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 03:33:52AM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> This isn't a matter of not using it, it's a matter of a sane base

How do you define "sane"?

> install. Perhaps base-config could ask if the user wants locales. Know
> what? That question is being asked in english _anyway_.

Which of course is not good, if true at all.

> Installing locales by default doesn't even come close to solving this
> problem, so there is no point in including it by default.

Sorry, I don't understand why.

Ben do you speak another language? I mean good enough that you feel
comfortable about using it on a daily basis? We non-native english speakers
have to do it day in day out. But there are much more people in let's say
Germany that do not feel good about their english, or who even won't touch a
computer system if it's not in German, even during installation. Does that
mean these people should use M$ as they do translate everything?

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De