Re: new port: and the winner is....

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:

> Le jeu, aoû 30, 2001, à 04:57:05 -0700, Mike Markley a écrit:
>
> > Therefore, I still believe win-i386 (or better, win32-i386) to be the way to
> > go. Consistency and all that.
>
> OTOH, there isn't going to be a serious non-i386 port of win32 in the
> foreseeable future,

They already exist. There's NT4 for SPARC, MIPS and some other archs.

> so it's a bit redundant, isn't it ?

Who cares?

AFAIK, there's no such thing (yet) as hurd-powerpc. Or whatever. (hurd
people, kill me if I'm wrong ;-)

"Redundancy" doesn't really matter here. It ain't software, it's just a
name...

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas in Belgium

This is Linux world. On a quiet day, you can hear Windows reboot.