Re: Which versions of libraries are developers supposed to compile against?

Jules Bean <jules@jellybean.co.uk> immo vero scripsit

> But when things start being properly, but gradually frozen, presumably
> that simple strategy won't be sufficient.  Because if balsa
> Build-Depends on libfoo-dev, and libfoo is frozen, I want the woody
> version of libfoo-dev, not the unstable (sid) one.

I guess using a woody chroot to build packages would be an idea,
because presumably, you can't really downgrade libraries very easily.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org  http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer