Re: new port: and the winner is....

A Mennucc1 <debian@Tonelli.sns.it> writes:

> Why? well, there was no big consenous on any name; so I looked at the
> problem the other way around, and saw that nobody was actually against
> 'win', but for
>  jsbien@mimuw.edu.pl (Janusz S. Biee?), who said that
>
> > In hacker language, calling something a "win" is a form of praise.  We
> > don't want to praise a non-free Microsoft system, so we don't call it
> > "win".

I guess (I hope!) that's because one person gave a good reason, and
the rest didn't want to write "ME TOO!" messages. Please reconsider.

> but this does not apply here; I indeed hope that 'Debian GNU/win'
> will be a 'win' :-)

All of Debian is a "win", so no need to grab that word for your small
part.

I'd recommend "w32", but seeing that your mailinglist is already named
"win32", you could go for that.

leo