Re: AW: RFD: translated description with dpkg

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 06:48:29PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Maisenbacher Matthias (GS/EMW4) * wrote:
> > > set up a Packages file to release it. It also takes power over
> > > the desription from the developer; a description could be inaccurate
> > > or derogatory and there's nothing a developer could do about it.
> > Wich isn't quite true.
> > In such a case he would an E-Mail with something like
> >
> > GET <packagename> <language>
> >
> > then he changed the wrong parts and would send the translation back.
>
> Assuming he knows that language. What happens when there's a description
> of a certain package of his, saying

>  BlahBlahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
>  BlahBlahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
>  BlahBlahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
>  BlahBlahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
>  BlahBlahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
>  BlahBlahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
>  BlahBlahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
>  BlahBlahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
>  BlahBlahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
>
> While the translation looks like

>  Blah.
>
> ?
>
> Addmittedly, someone doing such a thing should get his/her ass kicked, and
> it's quite unlikely that something like this will ever happen. But a
> developer can not know a certain language, but still roughly understand
> the writing. If it's not correct, he needs to be able to have the
> translator to redo his/her work.

 - no translator will make this ... :-)
 - in future we will have a review process
 - we can mail notification mails to the package maintainer
 - we can make a veto from the maintainer

Gruss
Grisu
Earth is flat,  pigs can fly, and nuclear power is safe.  (Greenpeace)