Re: wanted: maintainer for debconf slang frontend

> The debconf slang frontend is not a frontend I like to use anymore. I
> think it's pretty much outclassed by the text frontend and the new gnome
> frontend. It also has several big usability problems -- the inability to
> scroll extended descriptions being perhaps the worst.

Each time I've watched someone use it for the first time, they've found it
somewhat confusing. The dialog version was/is better, IMHO.

> library). Otherwise, it is just going to continue to rot, and will
> probably be removed anyway when I get tired of seeing all the bugs about

Do it the clean way -- kill it now. The longer it stays around, the more
people will have started trying to use it by the time it goes. Right now,
most Debian users won't have seen it. If you can keep it out of woody release,
then it can stay that way.

Gnome frontend? Help!

Cheers,

Nick

--
Nick Phillips -- nwp@lemon-computing.com
Beware of a tall black man with one blond shoe.