mmagallo@debian.org ("Marcelo E. Magallon") writes:

> >> "Marcelo E. Magallon" <mmagallo@debian.org> writes:
>
>  >  The result of that is to be found on
>  >
>  >     http://people.debian.org/~mmagallo/packages/synaptic/ sid/$(ARCH)/
>
>  Add:
>
>        http://people.debian.org/~mmagallo/packages/synaptic/ woody/$(ARCH)/

And add to that:

         deb ftp://ntama.uni-mainz.de/pub/debian unofficial/

Since your binary .deb's are unfortunately linked to a prior version
of libapt-pkg-whatever, i've recompiled both wmaker and synaptic from
the sources sources you provided to make it work with the most recent
apt from "unstable".

This synaptic program is really nice!  While not being a trivial tool
in approach, it seems to be far more user friendly than any other apt
GUI frontend i've seen so far.  I like it a lot more than deity-gtk or
even the nice stormpkg, which both are unfortunately resembling rather
a programmer's than an enduser-type admin's view of package management.

I sincerely hope synaptic will end up as an offical Debian package
once it has matured enough to not depend on CVS wmaker versions (or
when it even switches to one of the more common toolkits).

                                    Thanks, P. *8^)
--
   ------------ Paul Seelig <pseelig@mail.uni-mainz.de> -------------