Re: ITP: libsnmp++-3.1b@next-element.nl, libdes-4.01@next-element.nl

On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 11:59:36 +0200, Michel Onstein wrote:
> As the snmp library implements the snmpv3 standard it requires a DES
> library. I have no up-te-date knowledge on DES cryptography
> restrictions... so i'd like to know if this package should go in the main
> tree or in the non-US tree?

non-US for now.

> The des library is free for commercial and non-commercial use, both with a
> list of conditions...

It may well be that this is just a version of the DES library from ssleay,
now known as OpenSSL. Please check. OpenSSL is DFSG-free (though regrettably
not GPL-compatible).

Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.