Re: md5sums and verifying package contents

> > "debsums", but not all packages generate md5sums. Maybe I should start

> Wishlist, as last time I looked, they are not mandated by policy.

As I thought... I wonder though, don't we want to make them mandatory,
for easier "verifying" of installed packages? (A little like rpm -V on
RH based distro's.)

> > Another thing I would like to see, is a "force-install" on apt-get or

> How about apt-get install --reinstall foo?

Doh!

man apt-get:
       --reinstall
              Re-Install packages that are already installed  and
              at   the   newest   version.   Configuration  Item:
              APT::Get::ReInstall.

Sorry, I didn't see that. (Since when was this available, why did I
think there wasn't this kind of option?)

Thanks a lot,
Hugo van der Merwe

--
To send me private (non-world-readable) mail, GPG encrypt it.
1024D/60715698: 5F2E 8EC2 E0A4 5D25 0569  F281 4A6C D76D 6071 5698