[Emacs] Goodies! Fresh goodies! Inna bun!

  Hello people,

  I was getting tired of having plenty of different sources for Emacs
add-ons and having to install them all on every new box I got my hands
on.  These add-ons I'm referring to are, well, details, gadgets, bells
and whistles, but like all things slightly useful, you soon can't do
without.

  So I took the liberty of browsing through the gnu.emacs.sources
newsgroup, fetching the *.el files I considered interesting, and
compiled them all in a Debian package.  The name of this package was
initially emacs-misc-el, then it changed to emacs-bloat-el, but Buxy
found the one: emacs-goodies-el.  For now, this package contains a few
things that are best shown by the README.Debian file (here quoted with
boxquote-insert-file):

,----[ README.Debian ]
| emacs-goodies-el for Debian
| ---------------------------
|
| This package contains a few Emacs-Lisp files, mainly obtained from the
| gnu.emacs.sources newsgroup, that provide various functions to Emacs.
|
|   Numbering scheme: major will change when adding or removing files to
| this package; minor will change when these files have a new upstream
| release; Debian revision is for packaging only.
|
|   Version 1.0 contained boxquote.el and thinks.el.
|
|   Versions 2.x add bar-cursor.el, tld.el, services.el, protocols.el
| and highlight-completion.el.
|
|  -- Roland Mas <lolando@debian.org>
`----

  As you can see, there are currently seven *.el files in there.  This
package cries for more, though, so please send me your wishes (either
directly or on the BTS).  Include an URL (or message-id if it's been
posted to gnu.emacs.sourcs recently).  My selection criteria are:

1. It works;
2. It doesn't depend on much;
3. It is at least remotely useful;
4. It doesn't justify a package by itself;
5. It's Free (no non-free, no contrib, no non-US).

  Being in a packaging frenzy, I also intend to package some more
specific stuff (in separate packages).  Maybe a newer speedbar than
the one provided with vanilla Emacs, probably an IDL mode, maybe some
more.  I'll take any ideas too :-)

  In the meantime, get'em while they're hot!  They sit in incoming and
might not appear in unstable for a few days (new package).  Please
test and report any bugs by the usual channels.

Roland,
. o O ( I hope the vi guys won't start a holy war against me... )

PS: Please honor the Mail-Followup-To: debian-emacsen@lists.debian.org.
--
Roland Mas

Vampyres are just the same, the only real difference being that they can't
spell properly.  -- in Carpe Jugulum (Terry Pratchett)