Re: apt-proxy on FreeBSD (probably off-topic)

Hi Martin!

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Martin Maciaszek wrote:

> I'm want to run apt-proxy for all my boxes in the lan on my
> FreeBSD box (mainly, because it has almost 40GB of free space)
> I installed rsync and apt-proxy. After some trial&error I found
> out that apt-proxy is dependant on gnu date. So I installed gnu
> date but it still doesn't work. apt-get just waits till timeout.
> I tried enabling debugging but I don't see anything in the
> apt-proxy log.
>
> Maybe somebody got it to work?

I installed on my machine a few weeks ago and had the same problem
then. I found the following "solution" to work quite well. Still,
apt-get times out, but really not that often.

I added this option to apt.conf which fixed it for me :

// Needed for using apt through proxies
Acquire::http::Pipeline-Depth "0";

HTH, Stefan

--
It's pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness; poverty and wealth
have both failed.